or call 0116 403 0235
Electric car leasing from Ready2Lease
Welcome to Ready2Lease Electric vehicle section. Through this section of the site we will talk you through the modern way of motoring, the benefits of leasing an electric car or van as well as some additional products you may wish to consider when leasing an electric vehicle, also known as "EV". Click through to the relevant type of vehicle below, or check the deal slider for current in stock electric car lease offers
Call our sales team now with your requirements on 0116 4030235
What is the process for leasing an Electric car?
Leasing an electric car from Ready2lease is really easy, and a very affordable way to obatin an electric car. The general process is as follows:
1) Identify the car, term and mileage that best suits your needs. You need to remember that unless advertised as in stock, some cars can take anywhere from 4-26 weeks to be ready for delivery. Please check with your sales advisor on enquiry.
2) When you are happy with your choice, you will need to submit a credit application. This can either be a personal lease or through as business. You cannot lease a car for someone else and you cannot have a joint application for lease cars.
3) If your application is accepted, you will be asked to sign an order form and pay an acceptance fee. In most cases this is £195+VAT (£234 Including VAT)
4) When your vehicle is ready and has a registration number assigned, you will be asked to sign your finance papers and arrange a suitable delivery date to your home or work address.
5) Your vehicle is delivered and you are ready to start enjoying your new electric car. We delivery to all of the UK mainland free of charge, Scottish Highlands carry an extra charge that should be highlighted at point of enquiry.
Top Tip! Ready2Lease can also help with you home charger or offices charger or chargers. Click here to view our latest offer on Electric car chargers and submit a quote request.
Running costs of an electric car
If you are trying to calculate the running costs of an electric car the most obvious place to start is the cost per mile. To be able to work this out you first need to understand the cost of running your current Petrol or Diesel vehicle, the fastest calcuation for this is below:
Cost per litre of fuel multiplied by 4.54 (= one gallon) Next you need to check either the adversited MPG of your vehicle or for a real life example, check the trip computer on your current car to view your current MPG, this will give you an idea of how many miles you get from your vehicle on averge, per gallon of fuel. Next you should take the price of the gallon of fuel and divide by the average number of miles you currently acheive, this will give you a fairly accurate pence per mile running cost. The cost of this is of course variable as fuel price can fluctuate daily. Your driving style will also impact MPG, as will the type of driving you undertake, for example driving on the motorway is far more efficient than driving around towns or villages.
Now you have this cost identified, you should calculate what the cost per mile will be in your electric car, to do this you should repeat the same process as above, however you need to calculate the cost of electricity to fully charge the vehicle and then divide by the advertised range. This can also be variable but you should be able to come to a conclusion on which will be more efficient.
Charging at home using designated electric car tariffs is the cheapest way to charge (except if you have free charing from Tesla). Charging an electric car at charge points at supermarkets and garages is the most expensive as they are often high power or rapid charge systems which favour speed over affordability.
Need help? Try our electric car cost calculator